9 Non-Sensical Things About Me To Start Your Week
I truly dislike the "X number of things you need to know..." style posts and you probably do too. I'm certain you don't need to know these things about me but maybe you'll appreciate a look into summer life in Chicago. So, here are the 9 Things You Need to Know About Me Right Now...
9. I love the new Chicago Riverwalk and spend a lot of time out there on warm summer evenings. It feels like being on a fancy vacation.
8. Last week, AT&T Small Business invited me to a dinner at RPM Steak and I met Bill Rancic. He was gracious and interesting.
7. Last week, I was on not just one, but two boats! I'm not a huge fan of boats (unless I'm in charge) but I was invited to watch America's Cup #RaceToBermuda. On this lovely boat we had more than a few #MoetMoments... and then we had a few more. Summer in Chicago rules.
6. I am an art lover and a member at the Museum of Contemporary Art. My membership was a gift from my brother and sister-in-law, if you have a friend like me, you should buy them a membership as a gift too.
5. I like music and try to see as many concerts as I am able. It's not easy as you age, fewer and fewer people will go with you. However, I am seeing Guns 'N Roses and Duran Duran next month. And then Lollapalooza and Riot Fest. And probably a few others.
4. My family business is a travel agency in Chicago, Artun Travel. We celebrated our 25th anniversary this year.
(tshirt pic courtesy of www.iloveapparel.com)
3. Almost every night I watch Seinfeld reruns before bed. This is a t-shirt of one of my favorite lines from the show: "the jerk store called and they are running out of you..." It's likely something I'd say in an failed insult attempt.
2. I work for myself as a digital / social marketing and communications consultant. And I sometimes get to do cool things and meet interesting people as a result of my work.
1. I feel lucky all the time. I may complain (a lot) and I have tough days like anyone else. But at the end of each day, I feel really lucky for all the things I've done, places I've seen, and mostly for people who've passed through my life.
Bonus thing to know... Today is June 20th - John Taylor from Duran Duran's Birthday. Happy Birthday John Taylor!
Cheers! And follow me...
@leylaruinseverything on IG
@leyla_a on TW