Leyla's 2013 Year-End Recap Post
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
- I traveled to Toronto for work in January, my first time! (see related Toronto travel blog post).
- I traveled to Jordan for pleasure in February (by myself), and visited Amman, Petra and the Dead Sea for 8 nights and 7 days.
- I traveled to Austin for SXSW in March, I was there for 5 days with work (see SXSW blog post).
- I didn't travel in April, but I had my second bout of medical issues - so I traveled to the doctor a whole hell of a lot. April is also my birthday month, which pretty much sucked, but Monica came to visit later that month.
- I traveled to Florida in May, for mother's day I went to visit my aunt in Clearwater and hung out with my cousins.
- I think I was home in June and July - but there could have easily been a trip to NYC in there that I'm forgetting about. I also broke off a 10+ year relationship with a friend who became more than a friend about two years prior - so my summer sucked (here is a boring blog post recapping that timeframe, you won't find anything about him in there).
- I traveled to Philadelphia for ASE in August (that was a tiring month with Lollapalooza and prepping for my cross-country Amtrak trip - month of August blog posts here).
- I traveled in September across the United States for 12 days on Amtrak - one of the best. vacations I've ever taken in my life, but I took the vacation for one of the worst reasons, so it was bittersweet (but read the blog posts about #LeylaExpress, those are good).
- I traveled to NYC in October for work and stayed for about 10 days, I was able to keep myself so busy, that it wasn't until October came around that I had to deal with the loss of the friend / boyfriend, so I decided it would be best to chill out in NY for a while.
- I did not travel in November or December, but I was plenty busy with work... oh wait, I took a day-trip to Michigan (does that count?).
- And, for 2014 I am already planning a trip, I'm thinking The Caribbean! Doing the research now, if you have ever BEEN to the Caribbean leave a comment and give me some travel advice.
2000 - 2009 a DECADE in review - this is like a bonus post for you
For giggles, I am throwing this blog post in - So, enough about me... let's talk about ME