10 Things I Did This Weekend
My birthday was on Friday... I spent my weekend pampering myself, indulging in little luxuries and catching up with old friends.
my co-workers decorated my locker... I mean my cube
1. Friday morning, I woke up to this awesome birthday present -> Happy Birthday Leyla from my bro-ham +Ahmet A.
2. Friday evening, I had a low key dinner at Uncle Julio's with my friend's Katie and Greg. AND I met Mallory, their brand new baby daughter (she's a twin, her sister Olivia and I have yet to be acquainted).
3. Friday night, I watched Harold and Maude, not your typical birthday movie, it's not particularly uplifting, but it is one of my favorites.
came home to these BEAUTIFUL flowers!
and these chocolates from my mom
4. Saturday morning, I walked over to Public Hotel and had my coffee at The Library Bar where I shopped online for a media center, organizational items and bathroom fixtures on efaucets.com.
what an ideal living space looks like to me - from boconcept.com
5. Saturday afternoon, I purchased a new scent for myself - Jo Malone Red Roses cologne. A Happy birthday present for me, from me.
jo malone red roses cologne
6. Saturday evening, I pampered myself by indulging in a luxurious (and very relaxing) facial at Red Door Spa.
7. Saturday night, I went up north to catch my old friends for a few drinks. My friend Sean was in town for a few hours and we all reverted back to our 16 year-old selves - consumed an abundance of bourbon at Delilah's and ate deep dish pizza in an old man bar. I also made a short flipagram of - One Night in Chicago.
i was begging adam to hurry up and take the photo because it was getting awkward
8. Sunday morning, I laid around fighting a hangover and then I ran some errands - framed a photo I purchased on my last trip (read my travel posts) and FINALLY got my cell phone situation worked out.
9. Sunday afternoon, I headed to Carter & Jason birthday brunch and had a few laughs with a number of old friends. Running into old friends is always unexpected delight.
10. Sunday night, I had dinner with my mom and then came home to watch The Idiot Abroad. Perfect ending to a birthday weekend.
Thanks River! I miss you :)
Older Birthday Posts:
- My birthday post from 2009 - Birthday Weekend Extravaganza
- My birthday post from 2010 - I feel Quite Fortunate Today
- My birthday post from 2011 - April 4th, 2011
- My birthday post from 2012 - 10 Things About Turning 40
- My birthday post from 2013 - I did not celebrate :(
I skipped my birthday post last year (first time since I started writing this blog in 2009). It is rare that I don't celebrate my birthday, but last year was the worst birthday I've ever had and this little footnote is a reminder to myself and others that things change for the better if you let them!